Unit 2 "Jistbalt"
Disclaimer: this bot is nowhere near optimized because I got a bit particular about appearances while building it. It's also one T7 chassis block away from T8, so I can't add anything without removing something.
This is a T7 medic chopper made to resemble a helicopter gunship. Not the most durable build out there, but thus far it has served me pretty decently.
– Good forward speed (around 200mph)
– Good gun arcs for healing allies in front and under the bot
– Overtiered parts: T8 main rotor, three T8 nanos
– E-plates can soak a couple of hits
– Redesigned recently to prevent getting one-shotted
– Good rotation speed
– Due to aesthetic considerations, no rotor redundancy or alternate movement modes. Can still fly without the tail rotor, can move forwards only using thrusters when both rotors are gone. This is pretty much its most glaring weakness.
– Undertiered parts: T6 e-plates and rear rotors would be weak against enemies with overtiered weapons
– No reverse thrusters for braking
– Due to the weight balance, it creeps forward very slowly by itself. Cannot be used with rails as a result.
– Pitches down when flying forwards, hence automatically loses altitude gradually when flying straight ahead.
– Able to 'drift'; can slide past allies or enemies while keeping all guns trained on them.
An updated version can be found here.
A max tier version, Jistbalt II, can be found here.