Phantom II - Carbon Mk10 Hovertank/Scout
This bot is an upgrade of my Phantom hovertank, and has many improved features built into it. While the earlier model was fast and tanky, Phantom II improves and refines these abilities.
Complete list of modifications:
- Front Mk10.5 EP's have been tri-forced away from each other, reducing the chance of one damaged EP taking out the other.
- Aerorods connecting the side SMG's have been armored over, making it harder to pick off the side guns via the aerorod connections.
- The middle back hover has been moved back one cube for added protection and stability.
- A 7th hover has been added in the middle bottom for added stability and redundancy. The Mk9 Enemy Radar was removed to allow more cpu.
- Back two SMG's on the bottom of the tank have been moved back and lowered one cube respectively to prevent blockages.
- Front mount SMG has been replaced by a Mk10 Tesla Blade to lighten the front and save some cpu for the hovers. It is useful to ambush enemies when used in Phantom's flanker/scout role. Can be replaced with a SMG to improve gun redundancy if necessary.
- All engines have now been tri-forced.
- Tri-forcing on the top has been modified to be able to take more hits with minimal damage transfer.
- The entire bottom row of cubes has been replaced by a prism weave to increase durability and to lighten the bot.
- Phantom II is now completely outfitted with Carbon 6 armor and weaponry, making it look awesome :)
- The bot is now much lighter due to the modified tri-forcing, increasing its speed and agility.
I have spent hours working and tweaking every aspect of this bot; seeing if this part improves this function or not, balancing one section so another section works better (and in the process messing up other balancing ;), etc. Here are my findings on the performance:
- Even more resistant against teslas; can take up to 8 hits and still make it back to base with reasonable control still present.
- Is on average 7.8-8.3 mph faster on any overclock. For example, 90.2mph is now around 97.9mph at overclock one.
- Extremely tough armor; can make it through fights and still function well. In short, any weapon type has trouble chewing through the armor effectively.
- The bot is a lot more stable due to the modified hover layout.
Very few cons to mention, though one is the front likes to go up when hovering high and going down a cliff or hill. That's why I built it to automatically re-flip itself upright under most conditions.
Hope you guys enjoyed this bot, it certainly was fun to play with for me. If some balancing gets messed up, or some cool new parts are added, then look for a Phantom III :). Being posted to the CRF as soon as I can farm enough for the upload and the mech legs :)
Parts not in the cube manager: x4 Mk10 Short Aerorods